Icing Detection and Prevention System
Automatic meteorology observation, analysis and icing prevention system has been installed on roads with icing risk in order to provide traffic safety and guarantee that the water on the road stays liquid without freezing. This system comprises of Road and Weather Information System and fixed automatic spray system.
Spilling salt on roads from trucks for dealing with snow and ice in order to prevent traffic accidents to be caused by icing on the roads due to drop of temperature is demanding and troublesome both in terms of labor force and costs and it is ineffective and insufficient most of the time as the salt loses its de-icing feature below -8˚C. ISBAK, following the research conducted and reviewing the past experiences of the general directorate of highways in its struggle against snow and ice and also after analyzing the implementations in other countries, has developed a system that automatically spills a chemical fluid preventing formation of ice on roads and sticking of the snow on the road surface, by detecting the temperature of the road surface through automatic detectors.
Electronic Inspection and Control Unit
• Asphalt Sensors
• Pavement surface temperatures
• Underground heat
• Humidity, humid, wet or dry chemical
• Ice, snow, frosting conditions (detection)
• Weather temperature
• Wind speed and direction
• Relative humidity
• Dew Point
• The asphalt sensors interpret the data received from meteorological detectors and provides that suitable amount of defrosting chemical is spilled on the road according to the ratio of frosting on the roads.
• It monitors the status (on/off) of spilling components in the field in a real time manner and reflects on the operator screen.
• Through the Internet, it provides access to the field and control from any part in the world.